Thursday, January 25, 2007

UK folks worry about new holocaust

LONDON (AFP) - Forty-one percent of Britons believe that an event like the Holocaust could happen in the country today, given the depth of intolerance and prejudice, according to a new survey.

Furthermore, 36 percent thought that most people would do nothing about it if it did happen, in a poll released ahead of Holocaust Memorial Day on Saturday.


Gee, what a surprise. As a US Marine, I had to try to mop up the aftermath of a genocidal civil war in Somalia, then pack up and head over to "monitor" another genocidal war in the former Yugoslavia, all the while "monitoring" a genocidal war in Rwanda, and again "monitoring" a genocidal Islamic-fascist insurgency in Algeria. Notice there wasn't much "acting" by my 1000+ contingent of Marines sitting a few hundred (or less) miles away.

The one lesson I learned: it can happen in any country, in any time frame, with the right spark. And your ass is on your own, despite your "progressive" beliefs that some authority figure will save you. Clueless wonders should benefit to know that three of the four conflicts I listed had government troops or their puppet paramilitaries doing the genocide. And the remaining one showed that the government was too busy trying to survive to be able to help individual citizens.

Algeria c.1993-94 was where this current Islamic-fascist vogue of beheading people started, BTW.

As for a similar conflict in the US, I am currently worried about the mood in some parts of the US against "Muzlims," sometimes bordering on scary enough that I am glad I could invoke Rule 5.56 if it came to that (and I'm not even Muslim). Hopefully it won't.

A big part of my 2d Amendment activism stems from feeling like the sheep that the wolves just voted on for dinner post 9-11. Nothing to bring religion like a like-changing event. Seeing that Sikh guy in the ICU on TV after getting "Muslim bashed" with a nail-studded board did it for me (and I'm not even Sikh).

A bigger worry right now is LA race war thing. It does NOT bode well since those gangs have franchised both their membership and their rivalries across the entire US. What is ironic is that "white supremacists" were accused of being most likely to try to start a "race war," but it is black and latinos who are actually fighting it.

Edited to add:

Here are some links to the LA thing:

International Herald Tribune article

NPR show "News & Notes"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being an armed LA Resident, I'd love to hear more about what you know regarding an impending race war in the city. I've lax in following the developments.

3:33 PM  
Blogger K-Romulus said...

Thanks, Doc.

All I know is what I read in the paper and hear on NPR. The last week or two I have been bombarded with news of some black vs. latino gang war that supposedly has become low-scale ethnic cleaning.

I can't post links here, but will add some to the blog article.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page