Thursday, November 16, 2006

Hit piece on Murtha

It disgusts me that the far-left fringe of my Demcoratic Party is trying to pull a "Night of Long Knives" on John Murtha.

The tattered cloak of legitimacy that is trying to be be pulled over this disgrace is a supposed 25-year-old non-incident where Murtha refused to take a bribe.

That's right. The wingnuts are claiming that because he refused a bribe he shouldn't be in office.

Here's the "smoking gun evidence":

FBI agents pretending to represent an Arab sheik wanting to reside in the United States and seeking investment opportunities offered bribes to several lawmakers. When offered $50,000, Murtha was recorded as saying, "I'm not interested ... at this point." A grand jury declined to indict Murtha, and the House ethics committee issued no findings against him.

"I told them I wanted investment in my district," Murtha told MSNBC's "Hardball" on Wednesday. "They put $50,000 on the table and I said, 'I'm not interested.'"

Give me a break . . . this attack on Murtha is nothing less than the start of the purging of moderates and conservative Democrats now that control of the Fed legislature has been returned to the Democratic Party.

It's not like there hasn't been historical precedent. Romans, English Civil War winners, and French Revolutionaries did it. Lenin & Stalin did it. Hitler did it. Now the Conyers/Hoyer/Waxman crowd is doing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page